IE Performance Valve Guide for 2.0T FSI, TSI, TFSI & 2.5L 5 Cylinder Engines
€ 10,00 Tax excl.
If your cylinder head has had the valve guides replaced previously, it is recommended to confirm the inside diameter of the holes in the cylinder head before installing new guides. In some cases, the holes in the head have worn, requiring valve guides with larger outside diameters to be used. It is common practice to use oversized guides only where needed; they do not need to be used unless that particular hole is out of specification. Before installing oversized valve guides, be sure to ream the holes to the correct diameter to include the proper press-fit.
Valve Guide Mechanics
Valve guides are small cylindrical bushings that press into a cylinder head, giving valves a place to reciprocate with minimal friction and wear. They facilitate valve movement and keep them perfectly centered on the valve seats. Lastly, they allow heat to transfer from the combustion chamber into the cylinder head, which is then cooled by engine coolant.
Why You Should Replace Your Valve Guides:
When it comes time to rebuild your cylinder head, it’s very likely that you will find the OEM valve guides worn beyond wear limits. As mileage begins to add up, the inside diameter of your valve guides will wear, causing excessive clearance with the valve stems. Even on engines that have no modifications, it is common to see oil consumption, irregular valve wear, or even complete valve failure if the guides have become excessively worn.
Performance Upgraded Valve Guides:
Integrated Engineering performance valve guides work as direct OEM replacements, while offering several unique features to improve performance and increase longevity. IE valve guides are manufactured in our CNC machine shop from a proprietary bronze alloy and feature ultra-high concentricity for exact valve placement. This ensures that the head of the valve sits in the exact center of the seat, removing any possibility of leaks. Our premium alloy improves wear resistance , reduces friction, and improves heat transfer. By increasing thermal conductivity by 10%, you can expect extended valve life and reduced wear on valvetrain components.
To increase airflow through the intake and exhaust ports, we have designed our valve guides with aerodynamic tip that does not protrude into the airstream like the factory units. IE valve guides are designed to directly replace the factory guides and work well for all rebuilds, whether it be an OEM refresh or a complete race engine build!
• Direct replacement for OE guides (oversized guides also available)
• Undersized inside diameter for perfect machine fit
• Designed for Ferrea & Supertech aftermarket valves
• Engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house
• CNC machined from a proprietary bronze alloy
• Ensures valve sits in the exact center of the valve seat
• Improved valve stem to guide wear resistance
• Reduces heat build-up from valve stem to guide friction
• Increases thermal conductivity by 10% greatly improving heat transfer
• Extends valve life and reduces wear on the valvetrain components
• Aerodynamic guide design increases flow through the intake and exhaust ports